Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Character-a-Day: 1930s Zorro

I know what you're thinking.  THAT'S NOT ZORRO!  Well, it's not Don Diego de la Vega, esteemed son of the Alcalde, but his great-grandson James Vega (a little less grandiose so far as alter-ego monickers go, true) who fights bandits intent on ruining his family's railroad interests!  Or something.  It's been a while since I've seen it, and I always get Zorro's Fighting Legion mixed up with Zorro Rides Again.  I've watched both of them on Turner Classic Movies (they're old Republic Serials), but it's been a few years.  If I'm not mistaken, the costumes are near enough identical, so even if I'm wrong so far as which one is which, it ain't the end of the world.  One of them serves as the inspiration for the Raiders of the Lost Ark horse-to-truck chase sequence.  Also, Zorro sings.  A LOT.

Zorro Rides again served as the inspiration for the truck scene in the Indiana Jones film RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

The original art for this one is available for sale.
SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment