Friday, September 9, 2016

CATTLECARS designs

Between watching Mad Max and its sequels/imitators, reading Kamandi, and wanting to work through my actual (though steadily diminishing) fears of a robot uprising, I've had a flurry of subjects swirling around in my head that I'd like to see through to a story but whose elements were so disparate that I could find no narratively credible way to approach including them all.

A week or two ago, though, something clicked: one single narrative reason that made muscle cars, cowboys, trucks, killer robots, and animal people all an intrinsic part of this narrative world.  So I spent a good amount of time this weekend (at the table before setup, on the train, etc) working through these ideas and the first couple of days back sketching them up.  Here are some of those sketches.


Anyway, it's something I could do in very short installments, rather than as one long narrative, so I'll be able to do things with it concurrently with other projects.  And while drawing cars is a pain, it's also a whole lot of fun, and working on the Creeps showed me that it's something I need in my wheelhouse.  So I'll probably start posting up the odd story or design thing here and there in the not-too-far-off future.


2 comments:

  1. Do you want to buy a kidney or do you want to sell your
    kidney? Are you looking for an opportunity to sell your kidney for money due to a financial crisis and don't know what to do?
    Contact us today and we will offer you a good service.
    I have $ 1,000,000.00 for his kidney. My name is Doctor JAME DAVID. I am a nephrologist at the MAIN CLINIC. Our clinic specializes in kidney surgery and we also serve
    Buy and transplant live kidneys.
    matching donor. We are located in India, Turkey, United States. USA, Malaysia, India. If you are interested in buying kidneys,
    Feel free to contact us by email.
    Email: drjamedavid460@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349012028961

    Sincerely
    DR JAME DAVID.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kidney donor needed urgently, My client is urgently in need of a kidney transplant, If interested to sell contact here on my what'sApp number +4915219253693 Or Email: kidneydeal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete