Today is the late George MacDonald Fraser's birthday. He's best known for his Harry Flashman character from the entertaining and (in my mind) educational Flashman Papers series. I love these books, and his other writings, too, especially his essays on historical film. Fraser was responsible for influencing my artistic and literary development in a number of ways, but the most pronounced is the consideration of the ethical responsibility one has when handling events of or figures from the past.
So here's a drawing of Harry Flashman to commemorate the occasion!

Hi Chris - I came across your drawing the other day as I was looking for a picture of "Flashy" to adorn the mountain bike kit for a 9-day race that I'm participating in in April next year, from Johannesburg to Durban.
ReplyDeleteMy race partner and I are both big Flashgun fans and we thought it would be fun to base our kit on him: our team is called "Flashmen At The Charge".
Would you be willing to give permission for us to use your image on the arm of our kit? There is no commercial aspect to its use - and we'd be happy to send you some pictures of our kit as we ride through the South African landscape!
Regards
Ralph
Cape Town
CONTACT A LEGITIMATE CRYPTOCURRENCY RECOVERY COMPANY – ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS
ReplyDeleteLosing Cryptocurrency can feel like losing a part of yourself. I never thought I would fall victim to one, only to lose all my savings to a fraudulent scheme, But thanks to ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS, a Crypto assets recovery expert, I was able to reclaim my lost funds and regain my financial stability. I invested in various coins and tokens, and for a while, everything seemed to be going well. However, my excitement quickly turned to despair when I discovered I had been scammed out of all my money. I had to quickly find a solution to get back my lost Bitcoin. That's when I discovered ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS who came to my aid and recovered a significant portion of my lost funds. I express my sincere gratitude to ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS for helping me in my dark moment.
Email: alpharecoveryexpert@consultant.com
Text & Call or WhatsApp: +44(745,742-4681)
Visit: Alpharecoveryexperts. co m
ReplyDeleteHow to Get Money Back From an Investment Scam / Consult Alpha Recovery Experts
The professionalism and reliability of ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS team set them apart as a trusted partner in the realm of bitcoin recovery services. Operating with the highest level of professionalism and integrity, ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS ensures that their clients receive the best possible assistance in recovering their lost bitcoins. With a team of experts dedicated to helping individuals navigate the process of recovery, they offer 24/7 support to ensure that clients receive prompt and effective assistance when they need it most. Testimonials from satisfied clients further underscore the effectiveness of ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS in recovering lost bitcoins, highlighting their commitment to client satisfaction and successful outcomes.
Get More Info;
Visit ; Alpharecoveryexpert. com
Mail Add; Info @alpharecoveryexpert. com