Friday, September 20, 2013

Character-a-Day: Easy Rawlins

Today's character is Easy Rawlins, hero of his eponymous mystery novel series by Walter Mosley.  I've only read the first two, but I really enjoyed them (discovered them through the old Denzel Washington movie, which I wish had spawned a few sequels).  I've done a ton of drawings of his friend, Raymond "Mouse" Alexander, but I haven't been happy with any of them.  It's a difficult line with him, trying to find that happy medium between cartoonish monstrosity (he's a terrifying dresser and a terrifying person) and believable representation.  Someday, maybe.  Anyway, here's Easy.



The original art for this one is available for sale.  8.5x11," ink on 80# stock, shipped the Tuesday after purchase.  First come, first serve.

Pick the cost based on your location

No comments:

Post a Comment